Splenda Pound Cake
Yield: 18 servings
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Calories: 306 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Sugars: 16 g
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).
- Combine eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 3 times.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.