Makes about 24 Cupcakes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 ½ cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1.) Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
2.) Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin.
3.) Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
4.) Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
5.) Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.