Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad
Makes about 4-6 servings.
Recipe (slightly) adapted from Paula Deen’s Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-4 ears of fresh corn
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (depending on taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (reserve a bit for presentation)
- Good pinch of salt (I use Fleur de sel)
- Pinch pepper
- Few dashes of Tabasco
1.) Remove the corn from the cob. Place in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain on a tea towel thoroughly.
2.) Combine the prepared corn, sliced avocado, halved tomatoes and diced red onion in a large glass bowl.
3.) Mix the dressing ingredients together in another bowl and then pour over the salad. Gently toss to mix. Add some additional cilantro on top prior to serving. Taste. If you feel it needs salt, add some. The corn can take a good amount of salt – it brings out all of the flavors.