Edamame, Black Bean & Roasted Red Pepper Salad
I look at eating my Super Salad as my little nutritional insurance policy. It makes me feel like even if I ate nothing but pop tarts the rest of the day, at least I got a few servings of vegetables and nuts. Because of this, we have some sort of salad with every dinner. And a salad with every dinner equals salad burn out.
If you too get salad burn out, try this one…my Edamame, Black Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad. It is easy to make, and very tasty. You could even eat it like a salsa on tortilla chips. Very healthy, very tasty, and very flexible. You can tweak the recipe to fit your likes and dislikes. Add more edamame, omit the green onion…any way, it will be yummy.
Edamame, Black Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups edamame, shelled and cooked to the package directions
- Small can of black beans, drained
- Small can of corn, you could also use frozen corn about 1 cup
- Small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped.
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon heart healty oil – canola works well (you can substitute this with Italian dressing for a little extra flavor – I like Good Seasons Mild Italian)
- Small bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Simply combine all of the ingredients and then season to taste. Let the flavors come together by letting it sit for about an hour. You can add more or less of the cayenne depending on how spicy you like it.